Please find the updated BAHS Cell Phone Policy and parent letter attached. Please note the following:
Last trimester, Brownsville Academy High School policy did not permit scholars to bring their cell phones into the building. We started a trial period on Monday, February 14, 2022, the “out of sight” policy, which allow scholars to bring their electronic devices into the building as long as they are not seen or used outside of the cafeteria during the lunch period.
If the “out-of-sight” policy is unsuccessful and scholars are unable to follow the policy, BAHS will discontinue the “out-of-sight” policy and collect cell phones at the entrance in the morning.
Below are examples of policy violations:
● If scholars are distracted by using them in the classroom.
● Any violations to the Chancellor’s Regulation A-413 and Department’s Internet Use Policy
● If scholars are caught walking down the hallway with their devices out and using them.
● If there is an increase in the number of cyber bullying incidents and thefts.
● If scholars are holding cellphones for the other high school co-located in the building.
Details of the new BAHS cell phone policy are attached to this letter. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact AP Nasr at email@example.com or me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your support in this effort.